We are always trying to improve how we work with families and carers.
Our new family forum
We are piloting a new family forum among a small group of families and carers; this forum will be piloted for one year. If it is successful, we will develop a similar forum in all CRC locations.
We believe that piloting the forum among a small group will help us to
- Find out how best to plan and run the forum
- Address early on any problems in organising the forum that may arise
Purpose of the forum
The purpose of the forum is to
- Ensure there is 2-way communication between us and people using our services
- Include families, carers and the person with a disability in decisions that affects their lives
- Give a voice to people with physical disabilities and their families and carers
- Support families, carers and the person with a disability in giving feedback on policy development
- Listen to the opinions of families and carers using the Clinic
- Work with families and carers when we are developing new services
- Recognise and learn from the experience of families living with disability every day
Are you interested?
If you are interested in learning more about our family forum, or if you think you might be interested in getting involved once the pilot forum has completed its work, please get in touch with our Clinical Services Manager at
Central Remedial Clinic
Telephone +353 1 8542200